April 2022 - Paper Penguin Pal
This month, it's Science Time! We are learning all about our animal neighbors, and Miss Barb has chosen one of those neighbors to showcase for Craft Corner.
Here is how to make your very own Paper Penguin Pal! Not only will we be showing you how to make this friend and in their nest, you'll get the chance to hear about some penguins when we read And Tango Makes Three by Richardson, Parnell, & Cole!
This month, we've retired our craft kit distribution. We will have craft supplies available at our event in person if you would like to join, or, we will explain everything you'll need here!
Our craft was based on this one by iHeartCraftyThings.
Here is what you will need if you are making this craft from home:
🐧 2 cupcake liners per penguin
*1 for body the other cut smaller for wings
🐧 Gold card stock
🐧 White card stock
🐧 Glue Stick
🐧 Googly eyes
🐧 Background card stock or design paper of choice
1. First, flatten out two liners. Take one and cut about 1-inch off outside edge, then with that smaller piece, cut on the fold just a sliver to get two pieces. These are the wings.
Cut two 1-inch hearts from the gold card stock & a small circle from the white card stock.
2. Apply glue to the back of the liner and place onto the background paper.
3. Glue down two heart pieces as feet under the liner.
4. Glue a white circle to the middle of the first liner.
5. Glue on the wings.
6. Cut small triangle from gold card stock for beak and glue down the googly eyes.
Creature Feature will be at Station Square on 200 S Main St, Pocatello. We will start at 12pm sharp, so make sure you are there a bit early if you want to finish your craft!
We will be posting a recorded version of Science Time: Creature Feature later on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook as soon as we are able. Craft Corner will be part of that video, so if you need extra help, Miss Barb and Miss Cali will be happy to guide you!
Thank you for supporting Reading Time every month! We hope you are able to join us for in-person events, but we understand if you can't. That's why we work to ensure that the magic of our programs can be experienced wherever you are!